- Laurence is a Master saddler and Qualified Saddle Fitter
- He is assessor of the City & Guilds Skills Exams to gain Qualified Saddler status
- Member of the SMS Executive Committee and various sub-committees dedicated improving the Saddlery trade
- President of the Society of Master Saddlers in 2004
- Chairman of the South West Region of Master saddlers since 2006
- Member of Worshipful Company of Saddlers – in 2005 was granted Freedom of the City of London in acknowledgement of services to the trade, and was recently been taken into the Livery (which is a great honour)
- In 2008 he became member of Capel Manor Advisory Board, to advice on training
- Laurence trained over the years many Apprentices and won a lot of awards in the Master and Apprentice competitions.
- Laurence used to race semiprofessional in Motocross and Speedway and then took up Riding and copeted at several Horse Trials.
- he set up Stroud Saddlery in 1995 which has an impressive workshop, large retail shop and saddle room.
- Laurence combines his traditional skills of saddlery with new and innovative ideas.
- Emily is a Master Saddler from England
- She graduated at Capel Manor London in Saddlery
- She did the Advanced and Millenium Apprenticeship in Saddlery at the Saddlery Training Centre in Salisbury
- She has a City&Guilds Level 3 in Bridle and Saddle
- She already won several awards during saddlery competitions